6.04.2015

Simplicity & Gratefulness

Interesting as I continue reading my very short book Everyday Simplicity the questions it poses for me to reflect & ponder...."what gets us upset? What cheers us? What causes great anger or disappointment? What stresses us out? What drives us or makes us anxious? In other words, what is blackmailing us into believing something must result or someone must respond in a certain way before we can be at peace, joyful?"

Getting upset, being angry/disappointed or stressed...anxious? I can't recall anything that kept me at such a state that I would use it as an excuse to be blackmailed into not feeling peace or eventual joy. Mostly because with prayer, immediately, calls for calmness in the spirit that I can put those feelings aside and believe that something good will come from the situation. But, there have been times that anxiousness has taken on a personality of which I'm not proud. Anger has claimed my mouth into saying words that aren't normally part of my vocabulary. Disappointment has turned into hurt which later was resolved. Stress was brought on by too much to do at once and not prioritizing plus too much caffeine. But claim these idols and allowing them to blackmail my life......NO! I do not possess them or I pray they will not possess me.

"Simplicity transforms us from worried, preoccupied, demanding individuals into grateful 'receiving' people. And, indeed, this is a wonderful grace to embrace." I am grateful for what I have and have had.....gifts from God.





No comments:

Post a Comment