5.06.2012

love, purpose, gratitude

We have no choice but to wait for the Lord. But, we have options to stay prepared. We can feed our faith through prayer and study. We can feed others through our heartfelt works of charity and example. Or, we can put our faith on the shelf and just wait for the right day to dust it off. If we choose the later, however, beware! We may find there is no faith left.

I went to church today with my son-in-law and two grandsons.  Perhaps on my insistance they went with me.  It had been a few weeks since they had attended especially since their lives have been turned upside down.  With Gina in the hospital, work, school and playing super dad......I know Greg probably thought there were other things he could be doing.  By the end of Mass, I do believe that God touched his heart and he reflected on the goodness of the Lord.  Thank you Jesus.  

There have been times such as these that I, too, feel like I'm in the desert and the sandstorms of life are just taking over.  Putting my faith on the shelf and waiting is not a good thing to do and I must remember this.  Being here with Greg and kids, even though I don't consider it a work of charity but extreme love, I have felt purpose and gratitude.  My prayer is that I continue to have the stamina and good health to do this for all of my children. 

God is good and I must remember that He is always with us.....until the end of time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment