6.11.2012

Must look at the positive side

      A week ago today my mother fell, was taken to the hospital and diagnosed with a broken pelvis.  I didn't hear about this until late Tuesday afternoon.  How sad that there is a control issue here where my mom is concerned.  The hospital visits were frequent, much more so than if she were in her home....this is a good thing.  Then there was the move to the re-hab facility and the visits were better because it was closer to my home.....this too is a good thing.  UNTIL today!  My sister, Mary, was told by the nurse that we could not be given any information concerning mom because we "weren't on the list".....NOT on the list????  Where did this come from????  There was to be no discussion on treatments, meds, therapy, meals, etc....because we are not on the LIST!!! 
     A week ago my mother fell, she's been in pain, she is confused, she doesn't know where she is. I watched....helpless.  I sat with her and watched as she dozed in and out of sleep, it wasn't a peaceful sleep.  She twitched, she grabbed for her blanket, she moaned.  I watched...the only thing I could think of doing was to say the rosary.  Mom hasn't said a rosary is over 35 years, but I didn't feel that I overstepped her faith believes, after all she used to say it....and it made me feel better....this was a good thing. 
     Tomorrow I will go and visit her again, ask about her therapy, her meds, her meals, whether she slept tonight......I will ask because I am her daughter, list or not, I have a right to know because she is my mother!!! AND I will continue to ask. 

No comments:

Post a Comment