6.13.2012

Forgotten moments...forever on my heart!

       She came in and closed the door behind her and in whispers, Rosanna (nurse) told me that mom had done very well yesterday after I left.  She had been taken to the cafeteria, sat in the wheelchair and had her lunch.  She fed herself and ate all of it.  I was relieved to hear this, as she wouldn't take but a few bites of breakfast for me.  Rosanna informed me that she would do that again today.  In came another wonderful angel, Kristina.  Kristina greeted mom like a long lost friend and explained to her what was going to happen next.  They had to change mom's "diaper" because she had soiled herself.  It was painful to watch but I needed to be there so mom could hang on to me as they rolled her from side to side, yes, even the side to lay on the broken pelvis.  She screamed and cried and clung.....I was helpless, I couldn't ease her pain.  All I could do was tell her that the nurses knew what they were doing and it would soon be alright.   And it was!  Within minutes mom forgot that she had been washed and cleaned.  She forgot the pain, she forgot Rosanna and Kristina, who had been in with her, she forgot what had just occurred.  I doubt that she will remember that I was there today, but I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment