1.02.2011

New Beginings for a New Year


At the beginning of the new year we have been working hard at preparing our place for us and for those who visit. We've changed dishes, cleaned out pantry, the kitchen, changed faucets in both bathrooms and in the kitchen, thrown out items we haven't used in 4 years......nostalgic at the fact that Margaret brought these things here and now that she is gone it felt wrong to get rid of "her" things yet they had not been used and someone else may find comfort in them. I feel I've kept the important items....a hanging quilt, sea gull mobile, country pictures, barometer, clock, a couple of signed watercolors......these were the items that felt right for "our" place. These items will always hold a special quality about them and the previous owner of the condo on Laguna Madre. This place very much enjoyed by our entire Patino Pac and their families.
On another note, Tony has OD-ed on football, watching Masterpiece Theater now....I have cut out 21 patterns for skirts, pajamas pants and shirts, dresses, jumpers, and aprons. Wonderful time reminiscing the times I used to do this for my girls and son. Now for the grandchildren :). The patterns are different, the fabrics are fabulous and colorful and the feeling doing this is just GREAT!!!! Can't wait to get home and start sewing.
So, okay I was a day late in "journaling" but I did meet my week deadline....hopefully I will be able to keep the daily or maybe bi-weekly "journaling".

No comments:

Post a Comment