1.05.2011

Today's cup was filled!

I attended my once a month Spirituality class this morning and our director began with a quote from St. Augustin....."Our hearts are restless until they rest in God". Quite a profound statement especially since last night when we discussed the "health" of our individual relationship with God. I mentioned that there was something missing and didn't know if it was me or just the place I'm in or the situations that have presented themselves. But something is missing! hmmmm...restless heart indeed!

But then on top of that she asked us "Who has been your God for you today, yesterday, last week or last month???? This was hard to answer until I thought of Marianne's nurses who have cared for her.....they have been God for her and if we "trust", they have been God for us who sit on the sidelines and are not with her on a daily basis. So thank you to the NICU nurses, the Special Care nurses who watch over the tiny lives they are charged with.

We watched a great video....."For the Love of It"
It spoke to many of us who do things just to do or because they have to be done or because they pay!!! The message was to "work for the love of it....not for the $$" Find joy, inspiration, ignite your passion, follow your bliss. Find a new way of looking at the job you have to do. I didn't gather this was just for those who work for a living but for any of us who live, are alive and are doing "things".

One of the challenges mentioned in the video was to write five things that brought joy.........and write the date of the last time you actually did it!!!! Something to think about.....perhaps within my "journaling".

Another important factor in this "for the love of it" was to come with a full cup....can't fall in love with work unless you come with a full cup...realize how essential it is to fill our cup~~~~when we take time to do this~~~~it spills over to everything we do.

Fall in love with everything we do. There were two men working on a project, when asked what they were doing the first man responded "I'm chipping away at the stone". The second man responded by saying "I'm building a cathedral." (They were indeed working out side the site of a new cathedral) The second man loved what he was doing......full cup!

Say 'thank you' ~~~a factor determined to increase your happiness was gratitude....so be grateful.

I'm grateful I went to my class today.....easing my restless heart!

#1 joy~~~~my husband~~~~I spent time with him today, just watching a basketball game!!

No comments:

Post a Comment